To promote an understanding of the Jewishness of the Scriptures which were written by Jewish men, about the Jewish Messiah, within the context of first century Jewish culture in Israel.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Earthquakes in Diverse Places

I was recently watching a Glen Beck program where he was talking about the 9.0 earthquake in Japan.  Then he listed off several other major quakes that had recently happened, all within a 30 day period of time.

Then it occurred to me, all the quakes he listed were on the infamous "ring of fire."  The "ring" is an upside-down "U" shape outline of Pacific Ocean basin.  It begins at the tip of South America and goes north to the US, Canada, past Alaska, and back down along the Asian coastline, all the way down to Australia.

Now, picture this inverted "U" in your mind.  Mark New Zealand (by Australia), then mark Japan, and mark the nation of Chile on the eastern side.  These are the locations of the quakes Beck listed.  The New Zealand quake was a 6.3 (Feb. 21), two Chile quakes, one on Feb 11, a 6.8, and one on Feb 14, a 6.6, then we all know about the 9.0 quake in Japan on March 11, plus a couple of hundred aftershocks.

What's interesting is that 3 of the 4 sides of the inverted "U" have had a significant quake to release built up pressure from the movement of the tectonic plates jostling one against the other.  The only portion of the "U"  that has not had a pressure release is the North American-Canadian portion.

Since all the other quakes were somewhat significant, that tells me there is a great amount of pressure that has built up and the plate boundaries cannot contain that pressure indefinitely.   Am I saying there is going to be a West Coast earthquake? No, I don't know.  I am simply sharing what I noticed about the information I heard from Beck; which I confirmed on the USGS web site.

I'm no prophet, to be sure, but I do know that Yeshua said there would be many quakes in various and multiple places that would increase in frequency and strength.  Like a women's labor pains. 

I'm just a watchman on the wall scanning the horizon.
Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment